Day 2 - No rest for the weary!

Vicky:
Day 2...Woke up feeling really sore and tired. It hurt to walk! We got an email from Joanne last night letting us know about the workouts for the rest of the week. Today was going to be stairs. I could barely walk, let alone do stairs!

Roman and I arrived on time, surprisingly, and started warming up on these cool machines that you can either use as an elliptical or a stair stepper. The platforms where you put your feet partially cover them to make it look like your feet are big robotic things and when I started on the machine, my movements were pretty jerky. It made me feel like a transformer!

Once everyone was there, Joanne assembled us, took us through some warm-up exercises, and sent us down the street to a parking garage. We were told to run up and down the stairs of the 6-story garage 6 times. There were about 10 steps on each floor. You do the math...that is a lot of freakin' stairs! It hurt so much more going down them than up! In addition to that, we were to run down and up the ramp that leads to the other side of the garage each time we made it to the top of the garage.

Add the humidity and the obstacle of dodging the nurses arriving for the shift change at the hospital for an interesting workout! We walked back to Anytime Fitness, did a quick cool-down, and called it a day. I walked out of the gym like an old lady and continued to do so for the rest of the day.

Roman:
Stairway to . . . the top of the parking garage and back down. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. We arrive on time and we go over the game plan. Run down to a local parking garage and go up and down it. This was the idea, but since I have the genetic gift of height, I was asked to do a little more. Once at the top for the 5th time, I was asked to run “suicides/liners” from one parking spot to the other and back then back to the first and onto the second and back. You get the idea. After getting done with that, we or rather I was asked to run back to the gym. It really wasn’t that far, but I think I might be being oppressed. Damn you vertically challenged people! Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment