Double dos - Week 2, Day 2

Roman: Start the day with a warm up on the TRX system. Grab some gear and head on out to the back parking lot. Start the day with a mile run on the beautiful streets of the Hyde Park area.  What awaits is a nice circuit of wall balls, ladder drills, liners, and pushups. Did I mention that we have to 50 of each wall balls and pushups. Although 50 doesn’t really seem like much, it adds up quick. After we’re done with all that, another mile. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. This last mile run was special though. I was given a 16 pound medicine ball to run with. Freddie was given an eight pound medicine ball to run with. Since we Freddie and I managed to finish the circuit at the same time, we were able to share the two medicine balls on our run. We split the time with the 16 pounder and eight pounder, which was nice. I hear that next time we might get to carry the punching bag. Yippee! Can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us!


Vicky: I really didn't like Joanne today because she pushed us HARD. Plus, I made the mistake of weighing myself and I had GAINED 2 POUNDS! I'm hoping it's all muscle. So, we started warming up on the TRX, then we were told to head outside. They had set up stations: wall-ball (throwing a heavy ball against a wall, catching it, squating with it, and then throwing it back up again), suicide drills around cones, ladder drills (kind of like hop-scotch), and pushups. Then, we had to run a route through the neighborhood that was 2/3 of a mile. When we returned, we had to go through it all again and then another run. Then the circuit again. I was about to do the last run when Joanne made me take a "friend" with me, a 10 lb ball! It wasn't that heavy, but it was awkward to run with. With the amount of work we did and the wonderful humidity that day, I think I sweat more than I ever had before! Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment