The Reveal is nigh!

Roman: Well, it looks like today was the official last day of our Anytime Fitness Media Challenge 2010. We were given the option of doing our timed two mile run or zoning on out cardio machines. Half of chose to run and the other half stayed and did their final weigh in. The two mile run wasn't that bad this time around. Due to all the conditioning we had done the previous five weeks or so. Managed to trim some time off the run, finished it 18 minutes and 15 seconds. I think I cut two minutes off which was nice. I still need a lot of work cause I know I can trim that time down even further. Well, it'll have to be without the help of Joanne and Jason. Well, we get back from the run and the group that decided to stay was going through some drills and we jumped right in, literally jumped right in. Started with some power jacks, sprinting in place (sounds odd, but it can be done), front kicks, tuck jumps, and lateral lunges. We made it through about three rounds of thirty seconds of each before moving on to TRX push ups and rows, 4o of each. Finished it all off with some crunches with medicine ball tosses. Not a bad way to end.

Tomorrow is an optional day or rather the final day to weigh in. I guess we just have to wait and see what the results will be. See you kids at The Reveal!

Vicky: My back! My back! The pain from the other day finally set in full-force and I could barely roll out of bed. I was feeling awful, so I decided to stay in and sleep a little longer. Besides, I had a lot to do in the morning, so I needed a little extra beauty sleep!

Since I missed this morning, I decided to go in the evening. Freddie had posted that Jason had invited us to his 6:30 workout group. So, after a quick stop at the Leadership Austin Emerge Kick-off party at Star Bar, Roman, who decided to come with, and I drove to Anytime Fitness. It was a good workout, although my back had a dull pain the whole time. We started by partnering up and tossing a weighted ball back and forth, then we did 3 rounds of lunges, kettle bell swings, and step-ups, 50 partner situps with ball toss, then 3 rounds of pushups, runners, and "around the clock"s. It was the perfect workout for me and my aching body. Not too intense, but not too easy.

Time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzz....we've got the weigh in tomorrow and we're taking pictures, so I don't want to look too zombie-like. Stay tuned to see who wins this thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment