So close to the end

Roman: No Joann today, but Jason is there to run us through some drills. Start the morning off with a two mile jog down 34th to Lamar up to 45th and back down Guadalupe to Anytime Fitness. Not a bad time, under 20 minutes. I think that my time could definitely use some improving. Once everyone’s back from the run, we break up into groups of kettle bell swings and TRX rows. Then after one round of that we go into power cleans with the kettle bell and switch to TRX push ups. We switch back and forth until it’s time to go home. A few us decided to up the weights thanks to Norman Richards. He unknowingly (or was it?) told us about how he had gone up in weight and that it really wasn’t that bad. Well, Freddie, Kitty, and I decided to give it a shot. I knew the moment we ready to go home that I would be really sore and I was right. What’s that old saying, “Whatever doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger” or “Pain is just weakness leaving the body.” I’m sure either one of those would apply here.


Vicky: It was just seven of us and Jason this morning. He had us “warm-up” with a 2 mile run. I was fine at first, until the humidity finally hit me! I felt so weighed down with sweat that it was hard to run the last stretch down Guadalupe to get back to the gym. Roman said I finished in 21 minutes, which is about how long it took me last time, so I was a bit disappointed.

Once I got back to the gym, I ran to the restroom to attempt to cool down and rinse off the sweat with some cool water. Once most of the group got back, Jason split us up into 2 groups, one on TRX and the other on kettlebells. We did exercises at 30 second intervals and switched off from the TRX to the kettlebells. Things started getting competitive between the boys when Norm decided to increase the weight of this kettlebells. Then Freddie and Roman followed suit.

When I arrived for the afternoon workout, Kitty, Debbie, and Freddie were already there. Joanne had told us that we were on our own today and sent us the workout that we needed to complete. The warm up started with a run around the block. Debbie had already done the run and Freddie wanted me and Kitty to join him, but it was WAY too hot for us, so we just went in to the rest of the warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment